Other Things That Might Interest You...

June 2007


Don't stand sooooooooo close to meeeeeeeeee...

It's month-end and you know what that means...  Time for Ten Happy Things!

10.  Yet again, my baseball wife and my baseball mistress are still hanging out in first place.  The joy of this is exacerbated by the fact that the Yankees and the Braves are NOT in first place.  They're not even in second place anymore.  Fuckin' A.

9.  It is, thankfully, cool today.  It's been mercilessly hot out.  Today, it's not.  Lame thing to be happy about...but it's a big deal for me.

8.  In exactly one week, I will be at the Police concert.  I'm so excited, I could just about keel over.  I won't, though.  Don't worry.

7.  I've got tickets for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on IMAX in 3-D for July 11th.  I'm practically vibrating with anticipation.

6.  Staying on the Harry Potter tip, a week after the movie comes out, the final Harry Potter book is being released.  I think I've had it pre-ordered since October.  I could go on and on and on about the arrival of this book.  I can't remember the last time I've been so on edge about the release of a book.  I'm a total loser but it's so fun...

5.  There is a new game show that will be appearing on NBC this fall.  It's called 'The Singing Bee'.  I have filled out an application to be on this show.  Yes, I know it's completely ridiculous but I'm kind of jazzed about the potential idea...

4.  I have found an establishment in the Downtown Chicago area that knows how to make a proper egg cream.  It's like drinking a tall, frothy glass of my childhood.  It's simply magic.  Now, if I could only find proper pizza and hot dogs...

3.  I have finally completed my Star Wars Galactic Heroes collection after finding the long-coveted Han Solo in Carbonite figure.  Bonzer, bonzer, bonzer.

2.  As of right now, three Mets are starting in the All Star Game.  Voting ends tonight.  If my Paulie Boy gets a solid push today, there could be four Mets starting in the All Star Game.  I've already voted my 25 times for each e-mail address I know.  Yes, I know, I'm a nut. 

1.  The Championships at Wimbledon are well underway and filling as much of my spare time as possible.  I listen to Radio Wimbledon all day at work.  The persistent English accents eminating from my office are throwing a lot of my coworkers off.  They keep waiting to see if I'm going to start speaking in an English accent as a result of so much exposure.  Nevertheless, Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick, and Marcos Baghdadis are all still in it....extending my hopes that stupid Roger Federer will get beat.  God, I hate Federer. 

There you have it.  I know, it's a pretty shoddy list....but you can't count out the little things.  :-)

No comments: