Other Things That Might Interest You...

December 2007


We got Em in the place who likes it in your face...

Okay, so, I know this is like a week late…..but I took a bunch of days off work for the Christmasy time and I just don't do the MySpace thing from home a lot.  I sit on a computer all day at work.  I try to avoid the computer at home.  Better late than never.  Here is the last Ten Happy Things for 2007.  Just to keep you totally enraptured, the Ten Happy Things will be followed by a short list of 2007 Year Highlights.  As Peyton Manning says, "yeah, you're feeling me, you love it."

10.  It's so winter outside.  It's, like, arctic cold.  It's so great.  Everyone tells me that I'm crazy but I LOVE it when it's this way.  There's nothing better than when it's just bitterly cold out.  Everyone is walking around my office complaining that it's too cold by their desks and blah blah blah and I'm sitting here with my friggin' fan on.  I love winter.  I love every single icy minute of it.

9.  I've discussed my new TV before.  It's pretty cool.  But now I have all the components hooked up to it and it's the bomb swiggity.  I watched Transformers on the HD DVD player the other night.  It was the visual equivalent of multiple orgasms.  When commercials for UPS come on – you know, those totally stupid commercials with the pretentious fuck and his brown marker drawing things on this huge whiteboard – you can see my TV from space when these commercials come on.  With the surround sound jacked up, you can probably hear it from space too.  I love my TV.

8.  On a related topic, I've been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance on my PS3.  It's a lot like the X-Men Legends games but with all kinds of characters besides the X-Men.  There's the Fantastic Four, and Ms. Marvel, and Thor, and Iron Man.  All manner of heroes from the Marvel universe.  Let me just take this moment to say that playing video games in high definition on a 52 inch TV is so rad.  And the PS3 has wireless Bluetooth controllers, which is so handy.  I can recline on my couch with a blanket on me and have the controller UNDER the blanket so my arms stay cozy and it's no problem.  But I digress.  The coolest part about playing this game is Storm.  When playing the X-Men Legends games, I'm almost always Storm.  In the X-Men games, you have to spend energy points to fly and you can't do two powers at once…..like, you can't fly and shoot lightning bolts, which is a bummer.  However, on Ultimate Alliance, flying doesn't use any energy points and it's not counted as a power so I can make Storm fly around and she can shoot lightning bolts and chain lightning and whirlwinds while flying around.  I can even make her fly up to a giant dude's head and kick him in the face.  I was so tickled when I figured this out.  I actually got up off my couch and did a dance.

7.  I got cool crap for Christmas.  My Secret Santa at work got me Boston Red Sox World Series merch.  I got an Italian charm bracelet.  I had one when I was a kid, but lost it and I've never really forgiven myself for losing it.  But now I have a new one and it has cool charms.  My mom got me a New Kids on the Block greatest hits CD, which is both awesome and hilarious.  I got a hand held stick blender which I've wanted for about 80 million years.  I got Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Transformers on HD DVD.  I got new puffy slippers.  I got cool green penguin socks.  I got Jumanji, another thing I've wanted for about 80 million years.  I got a gift certificate to get a massage.  I don't usually make out that good at Christmas.  It was a good year this year.

6.  My brother Dominic made me a coffee cup in his art class at school.  He wrapped it in paper and gave it to me for Christmas.  It's hideous.  It's, like, the ugliest cup in the universe.  I love it.  It's my new favorite cup.  It's bright blue and holds like 744 gallons of tea and has cut-out letters stuck to it that are bright green and spell "I ? Snape".  It's the best cup ever.  I'm going to bring it to the office and use it every day and everyone here is going to be totally jealous of my cup.  If I weren't me, I'd be jealous of my cup.  I was drinking tea out of it on Christmas and my sister was like "I can't believe you're drinking out of that cup.  Mom and I thought you'd put pencils in it or something."  Yeah, no way.  Pencils?  Screw that.  Best cup ever.

5.  I had a New Years Eve pajama party.  I made sauce for this party.  Sauce and home-made garlic bread.  I cooked for, like, 11 hours.  It was pretty fun.   I was so wiped out by the time I was done cooking and cleaning up that the champagne I was drinking made me totally retarded.  We were watching this Kevin James stand-up act from a few years ago on my huge TV and I was laughing my ass off.  I don't think it was nearly as funny as it seemed at the time but I was cracking up so bad, I couldn't breathe.  I was so over-tired.  It was an awesome time.

4.  For the above-mentioned party, I did a lot of unpacking around the house.  I actually have a guest-room now.  It's not in its fully finished format yet (nice alliteration!) but it's an honest to goodness guest room.  I also unpacked my dollhouse that's been in this huge box for like four years.  I love that my dollhouse is unpacked.  It's the Strawberry Shortcake Berry Happy Home from my youth.  I've got it all set up with furniture and the whole nine yards.  It brings me joy.

3.  I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday.  I'm going to do something different.  I don't think I'm going to cut it off because it's really long and I'm kind of digging it but I need something new.  I'm kind of excited about it.  I like pamper Mer day.  Going to the salon and doing the whole cut and color and style thing.  I may like lots of boy-like things but I rock the girl stuff hard core. 

2.  Today is January 3rd.  In ten days, the Australian Open begins.  It's the first grand slam tournament of the Grand Slam season.  I am going to watch grand slam tennis in wide screen high definition.  Fucking A.  Fucking A through Z.  I hate to admit it but one of the main reasons I bought an HDTV was for tennis.  And baseball.  Mostly tennis.  And the Discovery Channel.  I'm getting off subject.  The new year has begun and tennis is on it's way.  I've been going through a certain level tennis withdrawal.  I'm glad it's finally come back to me.  

1.  Okay, you can laugh at me.  You can laugh long and loud and hard.  I don't care.  I got my sister Mary and I tickets for the Spice Girls.  We're totally going.  We're totally going to see the Spice Girls and I am so jazzed.  I know it's not the best music on earth.  I know it's totally silly.  But it's going to be so fun.  The concert is in February.  I'm so excited.  Mary and I are going to be there and we're gonna tell you what we want, what we really really want.   We're gonna slam your body down and wind it all around.  We're gonna zig-a-zig-ahhhh.  Effin  A, Cotton.  Effin A!!! 

So, there you have it.  The last Ten Happy Things for 2007.  Don't freak out or anything.  The lists will carry on through 2008.   I know how you depend on these lists to keep you going.  ;-)

No comments: